Thursday 7 January 2010

Sketching

I think I have some sort of mental problem...

Normal artists sketch with a pencil...why am I obsessed with sketching in biro?
I just find them amazing to sketch with, the downside is you can't really rub them out - which is a bit of nightmare for me the Queen of making mistakes on paper (lol another reason I do final pieces digitally!)Yes i know you can get ones that do rub out, but I didn't like them.

Weapon of choice at the moment is either my trusty Papermate Flexigrip elite (1.4) or good old Papermate Stick 2020 (M). I spend a fortune on trying out new nice new pens but I always come back to these. I think its a confidence thing, because I'm using a biro, I know it's not a 'final' piece and I'm more relaxed, and my imagination comes through better as well as technique. If only there were jobs out there for a Biro Sketch Doodler type person lol, my life would be so much easier!!

I tried out a new look for Mystra last night and drew this, I'm not sure if its the way to go yet, but I enjoyed drawing it. I then tried a daft manga version, which then turned into one of those manga cat-girl things, and seeing as I love LOLcats it just ended up getting very silly, but I quite like it!

7 comments:

  1. haha, i sketch everything with biro! i hate using anything else, maybe it is a pschological thing, giving myself a get out clause...anyway these are badass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks, i'm glad i'm not the only biro addict!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny! I read that and automatically thought of Bumpo. But I see he beat me to the punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi found your blog through creative boom, it's cool! I sketch in biro all the time too, pencil just doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lou!

    i do loe a good cheap biro, its so smooth, pencils can be so rough...lets face it they never rub out very well anyway!

    Love your work by the way, i'm following your blog, thanks for following mine! Your doodles are fab! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Just noticed this reply now, oops! Saw you were following though, cheers!

    ReplyDelete