Monday 11 January 2010

Everyone loves to Sulk

I can't believe how popular this illustration is getting on DeviantART. It's been 'favourited' by over 50 people now, which to me is a big deal!
I think I used to really under-estimate it as a piece of work. Originally it was for an exhibition at university, as part of an exchange program with a couple of colleges of art in Japan. I was hoping a trip over with the work we all did might be involved, seeing as the Japanese students came to visit us...nevermind eh!?

But anyway, the theme of the exhibition was "Places and Spaces I Have Never Been". So the illustration is my take on that idea. I was obsessed with the Moon as a kid, I still thinks it's pretty cool now! But it's also a take on the worlds we create as a child and the worlds within our own world, the woodlice have their own world, which we never experience, just because we're far too big. Aside from the theme maybe its just a snapshot of my childhood. And perhaps not just mine, maybe that's appeal, maybe other people see a little bit of the kids they used to be in the image.





6 comments:

  1. i think so, it makes me remember being a kid, believing you could do stuff just coz you believed you could :)

    it would make a good print/poster to sell on etsy/dawanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i was a kid again, you could do anything then!

    i never thought about selling it as a poster, something to look into i guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welll thats a weird dream, im sure i commented last night on this last night?!?!

    Would look very nice screen printed, customer number 1 here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo... you do realise i'm horrific when it comes to getting things printed tho G..as in it'll probably come out purple lol...printers & me... not good friends lol... but we can but try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well could I have a black one please?? preferably A2!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i will attempt to get printing done right for once!

    ReplyDelete