Tuesday 16 February 2010

Working hard!

I'm busy working up a sweat on my new CV to send out to various games and animations companies, feeling the stress at the moment...
My old CV wasn't really very eye catching nor creative, so this new one promises to be more exciting! Basically I'm printing it on A3 and folding it in half to make an A4 booklet thingie, but the bottom half of the front bit will be cut off, and will show the illustrations on the page underneath, where I've put a random selection of characters and illustrations. The writing runs across the two top halves inside, with full contact details on the back, but my phone and email is on the main bit too as it's the most important bit of course!

Going over to Mike's house as he's better with typography and layouts and I just want him advise me a bit and fiddle with it til it's perfect, them I'm leaving him to print and fold it etc because I am AWFUL at that. my printer hates me... probably because I abandoned it at Mike's because there's no room in my tiny shoe box room at my Mum's house! But he's really good at paper and printing and stuff like that, in return I'm putting his website together in a couple of weeks.

But this is what we have so far, will upload a photo when they're actually done so you can see how it works in the flesh as my explanation is terrible! The shaded or black parts are where the cut out part is.

Front and back... Obviously there wont be a dirty great outline around it but you wouldn't see it on here properly otherwise!



and the insidey part...







4 comments:

  1. thanks, lets hope any prospective employers agree hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. liking it, very smart there is something that blatently needs changing.....

    loose the words 'coming soon' before your website and get it done

    :D

    ReplyDelete