Wednesday 10 February 2010

Bleuuuuurrrgghh

Apologies for the lack of activity of late, I've been lurgied up to the eyeballs!
Basically woke up on Saturday morning at stupid o'clock feeling like someone had decided to kick me to bits in my back, side and stomach. Spent all day in agony and managed go to the doctors, turns out to be a nasty kidney infection, gave me some anti-biotics and was told to take paracetamol for the pain.

Come Sunday however I was a wreck, couldn't even take a sip of water without throwing up (nice). For some bizarre reason I thought if I went to work on Monday I'd be ok seeing as I'd get some fresh air. Erm no. Threw up 4 times (which is a pain seeing as the loos are upstairs in a dimension where heat doesn't rise and the floors upstairs are freeeeezing!!). Went home at lunch time, had nap. Still felt dreadful. Went the doctors again that day and they say it's all normal with these tablets... huh?!?!!?!?!? what's the point in that then? Surely my body would need to be strong to fight infection so why give me tablets that reduced me to an anemic lettuce leaf!?

Seriously though, haven't felt that ill since I found out I was allergic to penicillin (another story kids). Drugs are baaaaad! Managed to start eating last night and have felt much better for it, so fingers crossed I can go back to work tomorrow, as I'm kind of at that stage where I'm feeling ill just from being inside. Work's been good though, been doing work at home as much as I can, so I haven't been too bored, although it was hard yesterday when I kept falling asleep! I'm not 100% but I reckon a bit of fresh air tomorrow and normality I'll be just fine. And will post some new work. But obviously I need to do new work! One day this will all be so EPIC!

In other news my boyfriend Mike has a blog but I'm not telling anyone anything until he starts using it properly!!! xx

3 comments:

  1. haha first I was going to congratulate you on telling everyone just how frequently you throw up, but now it seems you are blackmailing the fella!!

    good going lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds rough! I was off for two weeks at the start of January, I thought I would go insane watching daytime telly and staying indoors! Hope you're ok now.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's rubbish being ill near the start of the year isn't it Lou?! last year i trapped my index and middle finger in a door and pretty much broke them so couldn't draw or write, first week of Jan! haha rubbish!! but yeah I feel better now, not 100% but getting there thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete