Tuesday 2 February 2010

Character developments...

Sorry things have been a little quiet of late, and I'm also including myself in the apology there. The lack of activity is definitely against my new years resolution to be creative all the time and always drawing or practicing or something!
Over the weekend I was mainly working on the logo/CV, well the whole branding shebang, definitely feeling out of practice for things like that so I need to be doing it I guess! I think I've almost come to a decision regarding my logo and hopefully things will spin off in a crazy fashion from there!

Last night was spent with some friends with some possible freelance animation work in the pipeline so I guess thats not too bad an excuse for not working.. but still slapped wrists all round. So tonight I've made sure to sit down with my sketchbook and Wacom and just draw. Nothing exciting came from the digital work, more of just some warm up doodles and scrawls, but sorted out part of the piece I'm working on for my Twitter page. Realised I wasn't quite happy with it, luckily while it was still in sketchy layout stage.

Sketchbook wise I did a good character sketch for Mystra... but I'm too snug in the duvet to go to the scanner in the living room, so it's just a web cam image. I think her overall look is starting to come together. Apart from the chin where a bit of a mistake appears to be turning into some sort of beard. I made a massive folder of female characters by various artists I like in my DeviantART favourites collection, which is great for inspiration and its really helped I think.

Other than that next time I saw I've got creative block throw something at me and scream "PUT SOME BLOODY MUSIC ON!" because seriously, music solves it every time! I'm not even a great collector or critic of music really, more into films really, but I just find it really does help. Tonight I've been listening to the good old Radio Soulwax/2ManyDJs mixes, which is like eating lots of sugar and banned food colouring!

2 comments: