Wednesday 3 February 2010

Developing Mystra some more...

Yes I know I'm supposed to be picking a logo but there's a Mystra monster to be created!
Simply took the sketch I did last night and worked it to death in Photoshop as ever, good practice with the Wacom too of course. She's finally starting to look right now, cheeky but fierce is a hard look to nail down you know! I wish I could call this a speed paint, but it wasn't very speedy *slap*.

The line work admittedly isn't my best, stil fiddling with new brushes in Photohop since it deleted the ones that I had just right *aaargh*. Really should have saved them somewhere else or at least made a note of the settings etc. And looking at it the shadings pretty shocking, but I did rush that art, I really wanted to see the basic workings of it as a digital picture, as a lot of my biro sketches, once drawn up digitally seem to fall flat on their faces! Over all though, there's definetely progress, and you can really imagine this character drawn next to Rover in a finished piece, not just a biro doodle.

Tonight's work was brought to you by the Superbad Soundtrack, which I can honestly say is like someone pouring melted awesome down your ear and tickling you at the same time. And the first track is very apt "Whatcha drawin' baby?" haha, ok so it's the track at the end where there is a unique art gallery during the end credits. Hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. Don't let the teacher catch ya! whatya drawing baby! looks very cheeky but fierce!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe best sound track ever...well in joint with Nacho Libre xx

    ReplyDelete