Friday 15 October 2010

Snakie updat-ie

Well week two of being a snake owner... it's going ok...
We tried to handle him for a little while before feeding on Sunday - bad idea. He was a bit nervy still and super wiggly - still so small too! Turns out we should have just tried to feed him and work on handling another time. He didn't eat sadly, we warmed a pinky up and tried to entice him with it on the tongues, then tried braining it - which made him slow down and more focused but it was as if he didn't know where it was or what made him focused. So we left it with him over night in his feeding tub, still there 24 hours on. I knew what I was buying into when I took the little dude on, so I know this is just the start of my worries and if I just calm down and relax it'll work out, for better or worse.

It's not put me off snakes anyway! When this one gets more independant and older I defo want to get another, the other corn owners were right - one isn't enough!! I'm still besotted with the adult I met when i got this hatchling, so once the fish get a new tank I'll see what 2nd hand vivs are about maybe... :P

2 comments:

  1. Did you email PoisonBlackHeart for advice? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not yet, gonna give it a couple more goes the 'normal way' if that makes sense, he's still fit and strong, but i'll probably be dropping her a line later in the weekend for tips!

    ReplyDelete