Sunday 20 June 2010

Sorry for the lack of posts!

Oh my goodness, has it really been this long? My last post was at the beginning of March and now it's mid-June... good grief!! Well, I'd better fill you all in...

I finally got a fantastic job offer in London for an online bingo company and moved down at the end of March, which meant lots of house-hunting and moving and all sorts of other preparation, leaving no time to breathe, let alone draw or blog!

While it has been a great move and experience, I did feel very 'uprooted' and had to focus all my creative energy into my job, to make sure I gave me very best everyday. However now I feel more settled, there is more creative energy that I can use again for my own work! I'm still finding it hard to get back into the habit of making sure I do lots fo creative things, and it's a slow process. At least I have a job now, so I'm not forcing myself so much to make sure I impress potential employers etc, but still I love what I do, sometimes I can get lazy.

Anyway, the latest work is going back to doodles and designs by hand with my faithful biro. One fateful night may have finally sealed the deal on the design and look of Mystra herself. I feel like she's been sat in my head unabe to escape onto paper, then one night she did! It's not a very good drawing but the design is there and I feel so much better for it. Just need to practice drawing her and get comfortable with the design, so I can be confident with her in more finished coloured work.

2 comments: