Monday 21 December 2009

Creative Boom Xmas E-Card

The title pretty much explains it… Created for Creative Boom, a national online magazine that aims to celebrate, inspire and support the creative industries throughout the UK and the rest of the world, including everything from music, design and fashion to film, photography and writing.

Basically it’s meant to be Xmas Space Invaders in the style of knitting rather than pixels…making little or no sense….!! Created in Illustrator then animated in Flash. Alhough I’ve never done ‘pixel art’ before, I’m guessing it’s similar to how I created everything. Instead of using a square pixel, I used a sort of  ‘v’ shape, similar to the shape of a knitting stitch, to create a knitted look. I think knitting looks very much like pixel art, it’s a very natural cross-over I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment